Vast Horizon ChangelogsDisplaying the last 30 days of changes. The newest changes will be at the top of the webpage.
- Fixed a description error in the ice cream shop.
- Fixed an oops with the heels at Nancy's Boutique. If your description is incorrect, please let us know. If we found them, they've been fixed.
- You will no longer be able to tell how much damage was repaired on your sifter until the roundtime is up.
- A new donation item has been added to the DONATION ITEMS help file.
- Fixed a rando apostrophe in the first message when leaving the science HQ.
- When cashing a check you now have the choice to cash into checking or savings.
- Made it a little more likely your news reader will alert you of unread headlines when you connect. You also need to make sure 'WAKEUP-O 3' is enabled.
- The insurance terminal's description has been updated to reflect a policy change.
- Galactic map slots you can purchase with vouchers has been raised with two more options, the max is now 50.
- The donation items help file has been updated. Keep in mind, this list of items are things we have on hand to offer. It does not mean you cannot do a customized option. Also, some items can be purchased at the coin depot rather than having to fill out a support ticket.
- The Konninga have become particularly nasty buggers now. Be careful.
- The Konninga and Kabrelle's payouts have been flopped just a little. Why? Because the heavy fighter is nastier.
- The Konninga's hull DAP has been set to align better with a heavy fighter.
- Some curse words have been added to the farold language, by popular demand.
- Fixed it so you once again see the message about the ship shuttering while the shuttle drive moves you through space, and you're not in the control room.
- You can now type @RP while in roundtime.
- Fixed a traceback when trying to place someone on virtual furniture.
- Fixed some typos in asteroid room descriptions.
- Fixed a typo with screen protectors.
- Fixed a sniffing typo.
- A description error was fixed in the feather mat's purchased from Zion station.
- When LOOKING at something, people in the room will now match before other objects.
- We didn't make it a filter, but if someone walks into the room and automatically reads a sign, you will no longer see that they read it. If you would really like an option, I guess suggest why this is an option that's required that much, and someone will pout, kick a piece of dirt, sob inside a little, and then do it.
- Fixed the reload amount for torpedo's with the Brigantine.
- A typo in the Zion feather mat's name was fixed.
- You can now TYPE SWITCH <PERSON NAME> to <NEW SEAT OBJECT>. The only person that will see the text is the person being moved. Emote away, emote away!
- Did a minor text edit to the CORRECTION command so that you can trigger a sound off of it a little easier if you'd like.
- Fixed a capitalization issue with the bottles of water from the beverage machine. Also updated all out there.
- You can no longer PLACE people on objects that aren't bolted if it's not a stretcher or glide trailer.
- Fixed a list showing up in rooms descriptions for some unknown reason.
- If you couldn't pick up a table, don't worry. You can now. Also if you bought one and had to leave it in the store, we have returned it to you.
- We now have objects you can sit on, and put food objects on! They're fantastic super fancy amazing sittable tables! You can now get them. Request 1, request all! Thank you to the person that requested them for a house, you drove us to do this 88 year old project.
- You can now buy tweezers at the makeup shop.
- If someone is crawling around you no longer hear them stand up or you know, lie down when they walk around. This is mainly pointing at people using version 3.0 or newer of the VIP soundpack. No, it doesn't require an update.
- Fixed a typo on Woodcutter's Path.
- Deleting a message thread in your phone will now update the main message menu with that removed, so you don't need to go out of the messages app and back in.
- Fixed a traceback when firing on a Faroldian ship.
- FBN ETA will no longer jump to Kapteynia Beta.
- You can no longer attempt to tug an asteroid while set to manual flying. Because it breaks things badly.
- Fixed the text when dropping a cardboard box.
- You will once again hear social sounds over general and tactical. PA is next, hold your horses.
- Added a new walk type.
- The PA now works with social sounds once again if you're using version 3.0 or newer. Also, put quotes back around general and tactical messages.
- You will be able to tug an asteroid much faster now. Wow, that was slow.
- Fixed the message you see if you're in the room with someone that sends static to the General or Tactical channels.
- Fixed a typo when someone drifts off to sleep.
- Bonus payouts will now be reachable for asteroid tugging. The help file has been updated and it may be discussed IC.
- Carrier and Archer's roleplay points are more in line with each other. We like the roleplay of a choice.
- Small edits were done to the beds, rugs and things shop on New Netherlands.
- A sign was added and a description edit was done to the mountain pass entrance.
- Fixed a traceback when buying a reactor from two shops.
- Ever super frustrated because chairs, shelves, tables, pilot droids, and the such couldn't be painted? Stop screaming at us. Everything that you can craft can now also be painted to look fancy. Fixed it so that when you paint items that you could paint before this change wouldn't you know, break the name? Fixed a bug that didn't make you not have to mix up the can of paint. Fixed wording when opening or closing a can of paint to indicate that it needed to be in your hand, and not leave you just outraged because you couldn't figure out how to open or close it.. Sorry for the person helping me test all the changes... Lots of painting changes: Go forth, and paint up your stuff! If you have something that you know that you crafted that isn't letting you paint it, please report the name of the object, and where we can find it. Like <room name> or in my backpack on my person. It will help us a lot when tracking it down. We think that we converted all of them though. Enjoy, and don't break it or we will be forced to sob, and collapse in a puddle of our own tears.
- Fixed a bug with the BUY command in shops (happened at Maggies). You could type BUY CUP OF COFFEE and while not on the menu, it picked up on the format and used the word OF as meaning you wanted multiple of COFFEE which matched to the coffee cake. However, it lacked the knowledge to figure out that CUP isn't an integer (number - amount). It would put an empty tray on the counter, and charge you 0.00 dollars.
- You may now craft jumbo two man hammocks!
- A clerk's office is now in the government center. There you can check your fine record and file a complaint against another individual.
- Debris information scanners can now be painted.
- Painting a cardboard box will no longer traceback. Dropping a cardboard box will no longer recycle it.
- You can now receive a partial ship cargo cash refund if you sell back your old cargo before you upgrade to a new one.
- The enabled and disabled section when modifying flight control filters now has color. Color it up around here!
- Your starship's alert status will now be shown on the line indicating if the starship is powered. For an extra bit of readability for those that use color, that part of the line will change color depending on what the alert status is.
- Fixed a bug that could allow a blindness dart to not work. Also fixed another bug where shooting them before the expire time ended it would just blind them again. Allowing you to keep them blinded forever.
- Fixed a typo when looking at a set of dice when only one die is being used.
- You now get told what you're handed when you sell a starship.
- The way starships are destroyed has been overhauled. You'll get a flight control message when a player ship (one of yours) are destroyed, a Faroldian, and Kiohn ship. Flavor messages were added for fun, because some things are allowed to be fun... Made it a little less likely an AI starship will shoot another AI starship of it's own class. An AI starship can no longer shoot itself, and yes, they would kill themselves if it was lucky. TLDR: AI, flight control, and destruction stuff have received some very much needed TLC.
- Good news! Using, SAYS, ASKS or EXCLAIMS in emotes will now trigger the SAY sound.
- Fixed an issue that would allow someone under 15000 productivity to gain 2 science points for a half finished mission.
- Fixed an issue that would allow someone under 1500 productivity to gain 2 science points for a half finished mission.
- Kiohn now have flight control messages when shooting! Jump for joy!
- Fixed a naming issue with spacesuit bags purchased at Rayford's station. Let us know if yours did not get fixed.
- Thanks for roleplaying along! Fixed up Faroldian AI so they you know, help. Fixed a few other flight control messages when related to the sector the firing is happening in.
- Fixed the missing disconnect messages in stars when you type SLEEP, QUIT, or @QUIT.
- Fixed a traceback that wouldn't let you DEAUTHORIZE a mailbox.
- Did minor adjustments to how life support appears in the SYSTEMS command under the MISC heading.
- Cannon and Torpedo ammunition sizes have been cut drastically.
- Lightly lowered the price of cannon and torpedo ammunition.
- Did another little touch for ammunition, and this included a slight discount on rail gun ammunition.
- Crystal prism artifacts have had a description update. This does not include previously found prisms.
- You may now type display (container name or label) to receive your artifact points count. Looking at the container is still an option too.
- The ALERTS menu has received some color. The (enabled) will be green, and (disabled) will be red.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't always let you see if a ship was just locked or unlocked while standing in space.
- Finally fixed an age old bug that powered your ship off twice if it ran out of charge and met the right conditions.
- Fixed a missed out of ban message for General and Tactical.
- You will no longer be able to check your points with the display command on the artifact containers if they are closed.
- Rejoice, for you may now bolt and unbolt air hockey tables in rooms you do not own, if you are the table master! sorry I meant owner. Additionally, you can now bolt and unbolt air hockey tables you don't own in rooms you do!
- Pages printed from a printer now have a description.
- You can no longer dock to a ship that started moving after you started the docking process.
- You will no longer get payed out of communications range when landing on an asteroid for destruction's. More onto that, you will no longer get payed for landing on an asteroid even if in communications range.
- There are a few new local and 1 new out of local artifacts for your enjoyment.
- If you have less than 300 science points, you may rent a speedster from Rayford and have it delivered to beta for a fee. This is to ensure that newer pilots can enjoy artifact trips and so forth.
- The pilot droid can now power down the ship with you. Just make sure you say POWER OFF, CUT POWER, or POWER DOWN with its name over the PA, and you'll be good to go.
- Fixed a traceback if you kill a creature with poison and get the message right at that second about it twitching or something.
- You can no longer play a film and radio at the same time on the entertainment centers.
- Repair text when people run out to the landing pad has been changed from men to personnel.
- Added a command to storage rooms. It's called SURVEY-WRECKS. It will show you the number of chunks remaining on all your shipwrecks. Take it as if you're looking at them.
- Added a new crafting item under the electrical category. The new item has found its way into a few items.
- Fixed how multiples in your storage room for Some undamaged Computer Circuitry is formatted. It before said 2 of a some undamaged computer circuitry. It now reads 2 of some undamaged computer circuitry.
- The line saying that the following is in larger compartments on your crafting cart will no longer display if there is nothing in it.
- Anyone can now launch one of Rayford's rental starships.
- Fixed an issue that wasn't allowing the random chance of a science bonus when turning in a sifting mission on the courier radio.
- Fixed a bug that let you get credit for more ground quest kills than you should have been able too. You can still kill more than your quest requires, you just won't get credit, as you shouldn't.
- From now on while kind of meh, if you sell or your ship is destroyed all associated keys will be recycled.
- Previewing a film with the film editor will now ask if you wish to start from an alternative place. If you say yes, you can enter a frame number, and it will start there. Entering an invalid frame number will start from the beginning.
- Fixed milkshakes at the ice cream shop. Can I have this in my house?
- Looking at your phone near the charge percentage will now inform you of your signal quality.
- Did a bit of tweaking to the grouping with artifact containers. It was putting the artifacts in alphabetical order. It no longer does this to indicate at least the order of when each type was placed into the container. The other reason this was reversed is because nothing else with containers is in alphabetical order.
- Fixed two typos with asteroids. Nice catch!
- Fixed a typo when your phone turns on.
- Fixed a typo when docking to another starship.
- Wow, we love Alonzo. You can no longer use the X and C command while spacewalking to navigate around your roundtime limit of picking up an artifact. There he goes, proving his usefulness. Clap for him, make him feel proud.
- Phones will now pick up many more socials. Subsequently, you can view this list with @PHONE-SOCIALS.
- LOOK-O 7 is now a thing. You can compress and uncompress artifact containers contents. It's really grouping multiples with [INTEGER OF AMOUNT YOU HAVE] after the name of the item. It works with LOOK-O option 6 enabled, or disabled. Yay!
- Small text edits were done to the NEP drone launching process.
- Scream at the suggester: USING a spacesuit bag to put on or take off a spacesuit now brings roundtime.
- Fancy computer announcement messages in airlocks are colorized. It used some silly mimic of computers. Someone was feeling extra creative. One guess who that was? We'll never know...
Scroll to top