Vast Horizon Help Files
Vast Horizon offers various methods of speaking directly to another person or a room full of people.
1. Typing YELL or SHOUT then message will make you yell or shout. People can hear you from one room away.
2. Typing SAY or ' followed by your message will allow you to speak with everyone in the room. Note you must type say message. When you use the ', you do not need the blank space.
3. Typing `name or -name followed by your message will allow you to speak directly to someone in the room with you.
4. Typing ]name followed by your message enables you to whisper to someone in the same room.
5. Typing OOC followed by your message will allow you to speak OOCly to everyone in the room with you. Warning, use this sparingly. It's not for having lengthy conversations.
Note that you can type OOC TOGGLE to turn off the receiving of these OOC message as they can break RP if used incorrectly.
Vast Horizon offers a few in and out of character channels for you to communicate with other players. To talk on these channels, simply type the channel name followed by your message.
Our channel names can also be abbreviated, such as, gen, tac, new or cws.
In Character channels
In order to receive and transmit on these in character channels, you will need a Space Phone. There are 2 stores selling these, one in the cavern Hub, the other in the city of Oria. For speaking on channels, a phone plan is not required.
To turn these channels on or off, use the settings of your Space phone.
1. The Tactical channel: A channel to discuss and organize invasions, ground combat oriented activities and other similar things.
2. The general channel: A channel for general chat and discussion.
Out Of Character channels:
To turn these channels on or off, simply type channel name on, or channel name off. (for example, CWS on)
1. the Newbie Channel:
A channel where new players can seek help. In most cases this should be questions followed by answers. Remain polite at all times and try to be as helpful as you can. Informing players that information they seek can also be obtained in character is acceptable, but a simple "Ask IC" answer is not. The Newbie channel is not for quests and puzzles.
2. The Conversations With Staff channel:
A channel to have conversations with the staff and other players if you opt to do so. It is not meant to report bugs or seek other types of staff assistance. This channel is also not intended to exchange personal OOC information or discuss ongoing in game plotlines or to gain help with the mechanics that are provided to the players. Bashing of any person, other game, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or whatever else that could cause friction is prohibited. CWS is also not the place to explain why you had to bail on an IC activity in place of doing it IC. Furthermore, as the policy states, this is not the channel to hail staff with your issues relating to reports that you have sent. This channel is for discussions of a wide range of topics, books, films, other games if done decently, that funny cooking story, and the list goes on. Enjoy it for what it's intended purpose is. From time to time, staff will use this channel to have discussions with players about various aspects of the game and notice will be given for that.
Furthermore, current news items can be discussed but anything that may be inflammatory to another person's political views is not allowed. Personal insults to others on any category are also not allowed. Bringing forth OOC to IC issues is also not allowed on CWS. Neither is IC to OOC issues. Being a habitual rule breaker of this and any other channel will result in point loss.
This help file was last modified: 01/08/21 at 6:02 p.m.
Return to the help files. (Opens in a new window)